Aug 14, 2012

I like how they put it, “more with less.”

When’s the last time you left your desk and took a real lunch break?

For many workers, the answer is “not recently,” a trend driven by a bad economy and high workplace expectations, researchers say. A recent McDonald’s ad campaign even took advantage of lunch break dissatisfaction with a series of commercials telling workers, “It’s your lunch. Take it.”

Although there are no national statistics on lunch breaks, small-scale surveys find that up to two-thirds of workers skip lunch or eat lunch at their desks.
I was talking to someone about this the other day. This is a real issue and something I’ve noticed happening over the last ten years or so. I don’t know how it happened truth be told but somewhere along the line what was once a 35 hour week with an hour for lunch (paid) became a 45 hour week without lunch at all.

And the thing is that no one really said anything about it. It just went away.

No comments: